Top : Writers and Writing
after-words.org - Outside Links: Writers and Writing
What's Cool |
Top Rated |
Random Link |
- A pox on both of them
- Did you ever read an interview that had you wanting to slap both parties silly by the end? That's what this interview with Orson Scott Card is like.
- Donna Minkowitz, the interviewer, basically gets extremely upset because Card isn't what she wants him to be. For example, in the text of the article (and not quite in the interview itself--you'll have to read it to see the dissociation), she insists that he was an abused child. Since he explicitly says that he doesn't see it that way, it makes for very peculiar reading in that section--basically, she seems to feel that he doesn't know what he's talking about. (For heaven's sake, it IS his own damn life he's talking about.)
(Added: 14-Feb-2000 Hits: 5 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- It's also rather clear, when she gets into talking to him about his religion and gay rights, that she's never read anything he's written about his religion, or she would have expected a somewhat different answer. That said, I have to admit that I really wish I hadn't read that section of the interview myself. I mean, I knew that he was a devout Mormon; I just didn't want to let myself think about what that meant.
- I have to admit, in ways that may or may not be silly, it changes my opinion about whether or not I want to read his books. I mean, do I really want to give my money to someone who feels that it would be peachy-keen to discriminate against me?
- At the moment, I just don't think so.
- Lost Souls: Clive Barker's Official Website
- Really, it is! I didn't know this was out there!
- I must admit to being both intrigued and somewhat apprehensive about the Books of Blood movie (you have to scroll down the page a bit to see the blurb). I mean, why does it matter that the directors are gay? The only book he's written with major gay content is Sacrament.
(Added: 4-Feb-2000 Hits: 1 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Any road, be warned that most of the pages take some time to load; they're graphically heavy (although they don't always look it).
Pages Updated On: 14-Feb-2002 - 22:30:33
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.